Terms of service
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They contain important information about your rights and obligations.
- The “GeneYoga” shall mean the company Joga institute ltd.
- “Conditions” means these conditions of sale.
- The “Contract” shall mean any legally binding contract for the supply of the Services by the GeneYoga to you.
- The “Kits” means sampling kits sent to you on receipt of your order
- The “Request Form” shall mean the pro forma service order form relating to the Service and as provided by the GeneYoga via its website at www.geneyoga.com
- The “Service” shall mean human identity testing and without limitation related services including the results thereof.
- The “Site” means www.geneyoga.com
- “You” shall mean the person ordering the Service subject to these terms and conditions.
Conditions of Sale
- These Conditions shall apply to all Contracts to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms and conditions which you may purport to apply under any purchase order confirmation or Request Form or similar document.
- If you order the Service from the Site by filling in the registration form and clicking the “Submit” button you shall be legally bound to have made an offer to purchase the Service pursuant to these Conditions.
- All sales made by the GeneYoga are made on these Conditions. No variation of these Conditions will be binding on the GeneYoga unless confirmed in writing by a director of the GeneYoga. The GeneYoga may from time to time alter these Conditions at its discretion. Any changes will be posted on the Site. Your use of the Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed
- You are responsible for deciding on the suitability of the Service offered for any particular purpose and for the consequences arising.
- The subject matter of the Contract shall remain confidential and shall not be disclosed nor used for any unauthorised purpose. Subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), the existence of the Contract may be divulged by the GeneYoga for bona fide marketing purposes unless otherwise agreed with you. The GeneYoga will not disclose to third parties other than as required by a court of law or other competent authority any proprietary data and other information concerning the samples to be processed or results obtained under the Service without the prior written consent of you.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Prices, Payment and Delivery
- The charges payable by you to the GeneYoga for the Service are those set out in the current relevant price list(s) supplied by the GeneYoga to you as published on the Site or as quoted in writing by the GeneYoga to you.
- The GeneYoga reserves the right to vary the prices for the Service between the date of the Contract and the performance of the Service in the event of and to the extent of any increase in the cost of labour or materials or any delay howsoever caused by any other variation in the costs to the GeneYoga of providing the Service. The GeneYoga shall notify you of any changes to the advertised price and you will have a right to proceed with or cancel the order within seven days of the notification.
- The GeneYoga must receive payment of the whole of the price for the Service before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by the GeneYoga it will confirm that your order has been accepted by sending you a ‘Transaction Summary’ which will include your case reference number, details of the Service and your cancellation rights. The GeneYoga’s acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between you and the GeneYoga. The GeneYoga reserves the right not to supply you at its discretion.
- You undertake that all details you provide the GeneYoga for the purpose of purchasing the Service are correct, that the credit or debit card, which you use is your own and that there are sufficient funds or credit facilities to cover the cost of the Service. We reserve the right to obtain validation of your credit or debit card details before providing you with the Service.
Cancellation/Termination & Charges Arising
- You have 24 hours from the date on which the GeneYoga accepts your order pursuant to clause 3c), to cancel the Contract without cause or penalty, upon serving a written notice of cancellation upon the GeneYoga.
- If you cancel the Contract under this provision the purchase price will be returned to you as soon as practicably possible, and in any event within 30 days of the GeneYoga’s receipt of your notice of cancellation.
- On cancellation for whatever reason you must return the Kits the GeneYoga has delivered to you in the pre-paid envelope provided within 7 days of cancellation. You must keep the Kit in your possession prior to its return to the GeneYoga and in good condition. If the Kits are damaged on delivery the GeneYoga will replace or exchange any such Kits; or refund you for the price paid.
- The GeneYoga reserves the right to cancel the Contract if the Services were listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error.
- Any dates quoted by the GeneYoga to you for the provision of the Services are approximate and do not have any contractual effect, and shall not be treated as being of the essence of the Contract.
- The GeneYoga will not be liable to you for any loss or damage direct or indirect, caused or occasioned by any delay howsoever arising from the performance of the Service.
- The GeneYoga shall be entitled to destroy all samples received from you or derived from these samples together with any associated results or other documentation after three months and twenty four months respectively from the date of transmission.
- The sample DNA derived from the donor’s sample or any data derived therefore will not be released to any third party other than in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. The GeneYoga will retain the DNA sample for three months
- The GeneYoga will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the result of the analysis of biological samples provided to us by you is correct but subject to a margin of error of 0.01%. No further representation, warranty or undertaking is given or made in relation to the result of analysis. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- The information contained in the analysis is solely for your use.
- In the unlikely event that the result of analysis is found to be in error, the GeneYoga shall perform a further analysis for you free of charge or return your payment at our sole discretion.
- The GeneYoga shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you or any other person as a result of the provision to you of a result of analysis.
- The GeneYoga makes no representation, express or implied, that the result of analysis is fit for any particular purpose.
- You warrant that you are legally entitled to possession of the samples you have provided to the GeneYoga. You agree to indemnify the GeneYoga against all costs, claims, expenses and any loss or damage that the GeneYoga may suffer as a result of you providing the GeneYoga with samples, which have not been legally obtained. The GeneYoga strongly advises that you should obtain independent legal advice about your legal entitlement to take or obtain samples of biological material from persons other than yourself. You warrant that you are not a person suffering from mental disorder and are therefore incapable of understanding the nature and purpose of the test. The GeneYoga makes no representation that you are legally entitled to perform any particular act in order to obtain biological samples for analysis.
Warranty of Performance
- The GeneYoga shall exercise all reasonable skill and care in the performance of the Service but does not represent, guarantee or warrant that any particular result (whether expressly specified by you or not) will be achieved or reproduced. Except in the case of death or personal injury the GeneYoga’s total liability to you whether for negligence, breach of contract or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the charges payable by you for the Service.
- The GeneYoga shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligation under the Contract caused by factors or circumstances outside of its control including but not limited to any act of God, war, strike, lockout, industrial action, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, drought, storm or other event beyond the GeneYoga’s control.
Links to other web sites
The GeneYoga is not responsible for the availability, content or accuracy of any pages or other sites linked to this website. The inclusion of any link to such sites does not imply endorsement by the GeneYoga of these sites. If you linking to any other page or site you do so at your own risk. You agree that the GeneYoga will not be liable for any loss or damages you or any third party may suffer in connection with third party pages or sites.
- The GeneYoga is providing this site on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations or warranties to the fullest extent permitted by law. In addition, the GeneYoga makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published on the Site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of the GeneYoga howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Neither the GeneYoga nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations in the clause are intended to limit any rights you may have as a consumer under local law or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit the GeneYoga’s liability to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or agents.
Copyright and Monitoring
The contents of the Site are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The GeneYoga owns these rights unless otherwise indicated. All product and GeneYoga names and logos mentioned in the Site are the trademarks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including the GeneYoga. You may download material from the Site for the sole purpose of placing an order with the GeneYoga and you may download, save and print a copy of the Conditions. However, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the GeneYoga’s web site including but not limited to text, graphics, code and/or software without the GeneYoga’s prior written consent, except where expressly invited to do so, for example in order to complete any test or questionnaire.
If any part of these Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which the GeneYoga excludes its liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these Conditions will not be affected.
Third Party Rights
Except for the GeneYoga’s affiliates directors employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this Contract has no right under the DIRECTIVE 2011/83/EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on consumer rights (Rigts of Third Parties), to enforce any term of this Contract but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available from that Act.
- The Contract is made between the GeneYoga and you and shall not be assignable by you. The GeneYoga may sub-contract the performance of the Contract in whole or in part.
- You shall indemnify the GeneYoga (and keep it indemnified) against all claims, losses, costs and expenses (including legal expenses on an indemnity basis) howsoever arising in respect of any claims made by third parties against the GeneYoga arising out of the provision of the Service.
- All notices shall be given to the GeneYoga via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
Information You Provide Us Directly:
We may collect information from you, including, but not limited to your username, first and last name, e-mail, password, phone number, and mailing address, when you create an account to log in to our network or at other times. If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume. For customers who engage us for our testing services, we may also collect your genetic information and the genetic information of other individuals necessary for testing purposes (“Testing Information”).
Information Collected via Technology.
Do Not Track.
We do not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals. We do not have any third parties that push content to our site.
USE OF YOUR DATA.
In general, information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. GENEYOGA uses your information to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our website and services; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our website and services; send you administrative e-mail notifications; or respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
Use of your Testing Information.
We will only use your Testing Information in order to provide you the services you have requested, process your order, and respond to any order or billing related questions.
Creation of Anonymous Data.
We may create anonymous data records from information (including without limitation, Testing Information) by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve site navigation. GENEYOGA reserves the right to use anonymous data for any purpose in its discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We may share your information with agents to the extent necessary for them to provide their products and services to us, or to provide you with the products and services that you have requested. For example, if you engage us for testing services through a local laboratory, the laboratory is acting as our agent. Other examples include, database storage, file storage and file destruction.
We may partner with other companies and individuals with respect to particular products or services. These third parties may be provided access to your information needed to perform their function. To restrict sharing of information with these third parties for their marketing purposes, please see the section below titles “Your Choices Regarding Your Information.”
Regardless of any choices you make regarding your information (as described below), GENEYOGA, may disclose information if it believes in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on GENEYOGA; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of GENEYOGA, or users of our services.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
Changes to information.
You may change any of your information in your account by sending an email to us at email@example.com. You may request deletion of your information by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION.
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Despite these measures, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with information and mistakes may happen.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact GENEYOGA by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your complaint has been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation. If you and GENEYOGA are unable to reach a resolution to the dispute, you may submit your complaint to The ODR Platform (Online Dispute Resolution Platform, developed by Europian Commision), located in the EU for mediation under the EU Commision Meditation Rules available in 23 EU languages, which are accessible on the EU Commision website Questions or comments regarding this policy should be submitted to email@example.com.
A NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN.
We do not intentionally gather information about visitors who are under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 you should not use our site or service.
A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES.
Your information may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States, where laws regarding processing of information may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
+43 66 080 65 971